RE: [tcpm] Last Call: draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt (The TCP Authentication Option) to Proposed Standard

2010-03-01 09:34:52
I have commented numerous times that with a paragraph that specifically
provides vendors to make "connection-less resets == attack packets" this will
not get much if any use among ISPs or other bgp speakers.

Those statements have pretty much been ignored.

I do not support this draft and believe I have wasted my time trying to explain
why to someone that is unwilling to compromise with even a "a vendor MAY
maintain state to allow connectionless resets to work".

(coffee != sleep) & (!coffee == sleep)
Donald(_dot_)Smith(_at_)qwest(_dot_)com gcia

-----Original Message-----
From: tcpm-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:tcpm-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:25 AM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: tcpm(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: [tcpm] Last Call: draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt (The
TCP Authentication Option) to Proposed Standard

The IESG has received a request from the TCP Maintenance and Minor
Extensions WG (tcpm) to consider the following document:

- 'The TCP Authentication Option '
   <draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

final comments on this action.  Please send substantive
comments to the
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2010-03-10. Exceptionally,
comments may be sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case,
please
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-o
pt-10.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via