Re: What day is 2010-01-02

2010-03-13 09:07:01

On Mar 13, 2010, at 9:51 AM, Cullen Jennings wrote:

I just got abused by someone reading the IESG web pages and pointing out dates like 2010-01-02 , are confusing. Is there a better way to do dates that we should be using on the ietf.org web pages?

I would disagree. This follows an ISO standard, ISO 8601, and also happens to sort properly (in time order).

From http://www.iso.org/iso/date_and_time_format

ISO 8601 advises numeric representation of dates and times on an internationally agreed basis. It represents elements from the largest to the smallest element: year-month-day:
        • Calendar date is the most common date representation. It is:
YYYY-MM-DD

where YYYY is the year in the Gregorian calendar, MM is the month of the year between 01 (January) and 12 (December), and DD is the day of the month between 01 and 31.

Example: 2003-04-01 represents the first day of April in 2003.

So, 2010-01-02 is January 2, 2010.

Regards

Marshall