Re: Audio Streaming Info - IETF 77 March 21-26, 2010

2010-03-14 19:55:49

    just because the session is over, doesn't mean the microphone is off.
    Chairs at the front of the room with microphones on the desk, or
    still pinned to their lapel might want to make note of that.

    I haven't heard anything embarassing, but it has been amusing at
    times.

Although it might have been apocryphal, I heard a story about a audio/visual collaboration "wall" that Xerox PARC had with another facility, many years ago, that was left operational 24/7. The intent was to make it trivial for co-workers at the two facilities to simply walk into their respective rooms to discuss something.

The story goes that a couple used the room one evening, without realizing that they had an audience...

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking