Re: Last Call: draft-haberman-rpsl-reachable-test (An RPSL Interface Id for Operational Testing) to Proposed Standard

2010-03-18 06:49:29
Dear Brian, list,

On 3/6/10 12:28 AM, The IESG wrote:
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2010-04-02.

I support the introduction of the new attribute.

At the RIPE NCC, we already see opportunities for its usage for reachability testing and analysis.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haberman-rpsl-reachable-test-03.txt

One suggestion: please add that the pingable address MUST be within the range specified in route(6) object.

It is implicit, and obvious, but for people implementing the IRR code
(RIPE Database server, IRRd) it should be specified explicitly (IMHO), so that they can program the checks...

I am looking forward to the acceptance of this addition to the RPSL specs, and I am willing to assist in the implementation & adoption of the new attribute.

Regards,
Vesna Manojlovic
RIPE NCC Trainer