Re: Idea for IPv4 addition or extension

2010-04-16 20:57:39
Unfortunately there isn't much new under the sun.  This appears to be a
combination of geographic addressing (various sources, e.g. Steve
Deering and Tony Hain) and RFC1955.  Geographic addressing has
deployability issues -- search for archives of those arguments.  The
problem with mapping based on ASs is that they are the wrong granularity
for external routing.  They are either too coarse (different prefixes
within an AS need different treatment) or too fine.

I've CCed the Routing Research Group.  I suggest you take further
discussion there, but remember what's said about mud-wrestling with a pig.

Scott