RE: Last Call: draft-kucherawy-authres-header-b (Authentication-Results Registration For Differentiating Among Cryptographic Results) to Proposed Standard

2010-05-04 14:41:53
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Alessandro Vesely
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:46 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-kucherawy-authres-header-b
(Authentication-Results Registration For Differentiating Among
Cryptographic Results) to Proposed Standard

For a minor point, the example (A.1) the I-D makes does not illustrate
the reason for introducing header.b. The exemplified signatures can
already be distinguished by their header.i values. By setting that
attribute also in this case, the example conveys the impression that
header.b should not be omitted, even when it is unnecessary. If that's
the intended meaning, it should be stated more explicitly, IMHO.

Thanks, that was an oversight on my part.  I'll correct it in the next version.