RE: [mpls] Last Call: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk (MultiprotocolLabel Switching Transport Profile Survivability Framework)to Informational RFC

2010-05-06 03:05:06
Dear Eve,

Thanks for your review.

I think you are actually right. We cannot say that the protocol is
(already) defined. But we should indicate that such a protocol should be
defined as part of the work on linear protection.

We will fix the text accordingly.

Best regards,

Nurit

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
ext Varma, Eve L (Eve)
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 3:15 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [mpls] Last Call: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk
(MultiprotocolLabel Switching Transport Profile Survivability
Framework)to Informational RFC

Dear editors,

In reviewing draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk, I noticed that in Section
4.7.4, Triggers for the Linear Protection Switching Action, the next to
the last paragraph includes a reference to a solution that is work in
progress.  Specifically, see italicized text below -

In order to achieve 50ms protection switching it is recommended to

use in-band data-plane driven signaling protocol to coordinate the

protection states. An in-band data-plane PSC (Protection State

Coordination) protocol is defined in [MPLS-TP-Linear-Protection] for

this purpose. This protocol is also used to detect mismatches

between the configuration provisioned at the ends of the Protection

Domain.

Given draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection is a work in progress - and
not a pre-existing protocol, I do not believe it is appropriate to
reference it from within the framework document.  Thus, I propose that
the italicized sentences be deleted.

With best regards,

Eve