Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-proto-wgdocument-states (Definition of IETF Working Group Document States) to Informational RFC

2010-06-23 01:51:46
I'm not sure it's relevant directly for this document, but it would be great if this could be fixed anyway in the upcomming work on the tracker:

It has occasionally happened to me that I forgot to update a draft before the 6-month deadline. The system then sends a nice mail saying that a new draft is overdue, but in terms of states, the draft moves to "Dead", and even if a new draft is submitted a day or two after the old one expired, the new one also is labeled as "Dead", and as far as I remember, it was near impossible to get it out of that state. A draft that's a few days old and "Dead" really looks strange :-(.

Regards,    Martin.