RE: [dispatch] VIPR - proposed charter version 3

2010-06-30 10:34:06
It looks to me that one can imagine 'centralized' solutions which are
also based on reusing SIP related functionality developed in RAI. I
would rather not close such an option and allow the WG a window of
opportunity in which alternate solutions that could meet the same goals
can be presented.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Barnes [mailto:mary(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)barnes(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:24 PM
To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Cc: DISPATCH; IETF-Discussion list
Subject: Re: [dispatch] VIPR - proposed charter version 3

Hi Dan,

The term peer to peer is intended to exclude mechanisms that
would use a central repository for the information:  This was
discussed in an earlier thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg02027.html

In one sense it is a solution, however, in another sense it
is reusing SIP related functionality defined in RAI and thus
is in a similar vein as specifying the use of SIP in a charter.

Thanks,
Mary.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 5:42 AM, Romascanu, Dan (Dan)