Re: Admission Control to the IETF 78 and IETF 79 Networks

2010-07-01 10:39:58

Le 01/07/2010 17:26, Fred Baker a écrit :
While it is new in IETF meetings, it is far from unusual in WiFi networks to
find some form of authentication. This happens at coffee shops, college
campuses, corporate campuses, and people's apartments. I think I would need
some more data before I concluded this was unreasonable.

This is about to become law in several European countries (or maybe it
already *is* law in some), and the signing-up process protects the WIFI
provider from liability by having the user agree to an acceptable use
policy (AUP), a process consisting of ticking a box.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD