Re: Admission Control to the IETF 78 and IETF 79 Networks

2010-07-01 14:32:38
On 1 jul 2010, at 21:20, Russ Housley wrote:

Again, the use of anonymous registration IDs is available to you and
anyone that wants one.  If you are concerned about the logs, then you
should use one.

I'm concerned about the correlation between my MAC address and the hosts I
communicate with. Anonymous IDs don't help against that, but not logging does,
because then the only way for a government to obtain this correlation is on an
individual basis rather than casting a wide net that catches large amounts of
previously logged information.