Back to authentication on the IETF network (was: Re: IETF 78: getting to/from/around Maastricht)

2010-07-12 14:42:14
We will not be doing 802.1X authentication on any wired ports.

Remember, we really want an open network, while giving people a way of
encrypting their wireless traffic. This time, in preparation for Beijing, we
have the requirement to authenticate that people using the wireless network
are attending the IETF meeting.

I will suggest that in Beijing we may need to physically authenticate people
coming into the terminal room, but I will leave the decision on whether and
how to do that up to the host in Beijing.

Chris.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum