Re: The IETF Data Tracker and non-IETF streams for RFCs

2010-07-15 14:12:21

Greetings again. The IAOC has asked me to prepare a document that describes
extending the IETF Data Tracker to capture and display the progression of
Internet Drafts that are intended to be published as RFCs by the IAB, IRTF,
or Independent Submissions Editor. That document, currently at -02, can be
found at <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-alt-streams-tracker>.

Although the document is exclusively about the three non-IETF streams, many
folks in the IETF community care about those streams. If you are one of those
people, please look over the document and let me know what you think. If you
would like to discuss the document, the "RFC Interest" mailing list
(<http://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest>) is a good place,
and there has already been a bit of discussion there recently. Also, if you
want to talk to me in Maastricht about the document, please get in touch.

Just to be clear: draft-hoffman-alt-streams-tracker is about extending the
Data Tracker for only the three non-IETF streams. The IAOC asked Ed
Juskevicius to prepare documents on extending the Data Tracker for the IETF
stream; those two documents, draft-juskevicius-datatracker-wgdocstate-reqts
and draft-ietf-proto-wgdocument-states, have both gone through IETF Last Call.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

Paul - the document looks good but are all of the streams provided the
same oversight processes? Is the IAB stream for instance also controlled
under the IETF oversight controls and processes? how about the other
streams?

Todd Glassey