Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-07

2010-08-26 00:22:51
Thanks for your review, Roni!

I have a comment: Reading the document it looks to me that the problem statement described is wider than just merging of configuration objects as stated in the abstract. The summary section mentions new protocol while my thinking was that you just need to define behaviors for merging the configuration objects.

Other reviewers have commented something around this topic as well. Ralph holds a Discuss on the problem being more fundamental than merging configuration objects. For instance, overlapping address space on two interfaces will lead to fundamental issues in the way communications can be established, addresses passed around, etc. I think we need to make a change to the document so that it clearly describe the full scope of the problem. (Future work in MIF will probably not solve all possible problems, and some problems may also be unsolvable.)

Jari