Re: DNSSEC

2010-08-31 10:45:39
Hi Phil,

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<hallam(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Whether or not the IAB zone is signed is of negligible consequence.

But the fact that the IAB zone signatures had expired is a highly
significant data point: DNSSEC administration is not quite as easy as
some of the glib claims of its more enthusiastic supporters would lead
one to believe.

Sounds like a straw man to me. Can you provide a pointer to some of
these glib claims?

For years I have been hearing, correctly I believe, that lack of
logistical and administrative tools and support for DNSSEC was the
main problem slowing deployment. Recent developments like RFC 5011
(Automated Updates of DNS Security (DNSSEC) Trust Anchors) have
improved things a lot. And, as an original architect of DNSSEC, I
admit that the early proposal set was deficient in this area.

Donald

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Glen Barney (AMS)