RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-rpl-11.txt> (RPL: IPv6 RoutingProtocol for Low power and Lossy Networks) to Proposed Standard

2010-09-09 05:54:46
That can still be corrected (revive
draft-ietf-roll-protocols-survey-07).

That was dropped because some people had various issues with it.

That draft, very roughly speaking, said "none of these existing
protocols do what we want because they fail to meet the ideal we
have set for these various reasons". The issues were over whether
all such characteristions were accurate. (Note that absolute accuracy
may not be essential to make a WG decision, but a higher standard
is needed in an RFC. But I do not recall what the specific issues
were.)

What I'd find interesting is whether RPL meets all of those ideals
itself. (That's a genuine question, I don't know.)