Re: Review of draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check

2010-09-09 12:56:39
On 9/8/10 5:45 PM, Stefan Santesson wrote:

On 10-09-09 12:10 AM, "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter(_at_)stpeter(_dot_)im>
wrote:

Aha, I see the source of confusion. I think the first sentence of
Section 5.1 is better written as follows:

   When the connecting application is an interactive client,
   construction of the reference identifier SHOULD be based on the
   source domain and service type provided by a human user

Could we remove "and service type" from that sentence.
It is the domain name that is the problem and not the service type right?

I mean, the app may very well know that it is supposed to talk to an XMPP
service without asking a human user.

Yes, that change makes sense.

Peter

--