Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-25.txt> (Diameter Base, Protocol) to Proposed Standard

2010-10-12 06:50:12
 Hi,

I was surprised to see the line "No IPR declarations were found that appear related to this I-D." in the message from ietf-announce. Its predecessor, RFC3588, has a filed IPR disclosure from Nokia, see

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/323/

A very long time ago, I looked into the patents in question, and they seemed to be related to the T-Bit (Diameter message command flag for "potentially re-transmitted message").

Page 35 in 3588bis still contains the T-Bit. As a naive non-legalese person, I would think that the same disclosure that applied to the T-Bit in 3588 also applies to the T-Bit in 3588bis then.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER