Re: Last Call: <draft-cheshire-dnsext-multicastdns-12.txt> (Multicast DNS) to Proposed Standard

2010-10-27 02:41:26
Stephane,

I won't speak to the complaints you raise below, other than to say that
as an IANA port reviewer, we need to have this problem sorted, and now.
Perhaps not every other request, but nearly every other request is for a
UDP port for discovery.  I do believe that the work should be done
properly and that Apple should be willing to modify their implementation
accordingly, if changes are required, as discussed below.

Eliot