Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-spmsi-joins-01

2010-10-28 14:07:01

James> perhaps this needs to be stated (that the Type 4 is created by this
James> doc for your purpose)?

I think the doc already makes this clear, maybe I'm not sure what you are
asking.

James> You can probably imagine how many SIP and RSVP protocol extensions
James> there are (70+ and about 20 respectively off the top of my head), and
James> yet every one of them have to state "Session Initiation Protocol
James> (SIP)" and "ReSource ReserVation Protocol (version-1) (RSVPv1)" the
James> first time they appear, no matter how big the community of interest
James> is.

And this makes sense to you?

Okay, I will expand the occurrence of "S-PMSI" in the abstract.

On the issue of the maximum UDP packet size, I think that is an
implementation issue and I don't think it is appropriate to raise it in this
document.