Re: Alternate entry document model (was: Re: IETF processes (wasRe:draft-housley-two-maturity-levels))

2010-11-01 13:41:29
Hi -

From: "t.petch" <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com>
To: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com>;
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 3:24 AM
Subject: Re: Alternate entry document model (was: Re: IETF processes
(wasRe:draft-housley-two-maturity-levels))
So whether we have XStandard, YStandard or ZStandard and how we move
between them is irrelevant (to most of the world).

Hence my focus is on how we can get an RFC published in the first place, in a
more
timely manner with, ideally, an improvement in the quality.

Ironically, the more we emphasize improving the "quality" of RFCs, the more
we reinforce the myth that all RFCs are standards.  I higher percentage
of obviously immature, speculative, or even outright garbage documents
might help dispel the myth.  :-) * 0.5

Randy