Re: [OAUTH-WG] ** OAuth Tutorial & OAuth Security Session **

2010-11-07 18:03:33
Hi all,

Mark McGloin and me have been working on OAuth 2.0 security considerations for a couple of weeks now. Since we both cannot attend the IETF-79 meetings, we would like to provide the WG with information regarding the current status of our work. I therefore uploaded a _preliminary_ version of our working document to the WG's wiki at http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/trac/attachment/wiki/SecurityConsiderations/oauth20_seccons_20101107.pdf. The focus of this version was on consolidating previous work as well as results of mailing list discussions and start working towards a rigorous threat model.

Please give us feedback.

regards,
Torsten.

Am 07.11.2010 03:22, schrieb Hannes Tschofenig:
Hi all,

please consider attending the following two meetings!

** OAuth Security Session **

        • Date: Monday, 13:00-15:00
        • Location: IAB breakout room (Jade 2)
        • Contact: Hannes Tschofenig hannes(_dot_)tschofenig(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net
The security consideration section of OAuth 2.0 (draft -10) is still empty.
Hence, we would like to put some time aside to discuss what security threats,
requirements, and countermeasures need to be described. We will use the Monday,
November 8, 1300-1500 slot to have a  discussion session.

As a starting point I suggest to look at the following documents:

        • http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/trac/wiki/SecurityConsiderationshttp://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/trac/wiki/SignaturesWhyhttp://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-tschofenig-oauth-signature-thoughts-00.txt

Note: If you are unfamiliar with OAuth then the OAuth tutorial session might be
more suitable for you!

** OAuth Tutorial **