Re: DNSSEC & legal effect

2010-11-16 07:31:04

On 16/11/10 13:17, Josh Howlett wrote:
Legislation exists for some jurisdictions, such as the EU eSignatures
Directive, that controls the legal effect of a qualified digital signature.

Does anyone know of any analyses of the implications of such legislation and
DNSSEC?

I would hope they've nothing to do with one another. Qualified
signature requirements are just another way to make stuff harder
and less useful IMO. Technically though, I don't think DNSSEC
makes any assertions that are meant to be archived, so I don't
think there should be any overlap at all, or am I missing
something?

S.

Josh.