Re: Feedback on Day Passes

2010-12-01 14:15:52
At 14:04 22-11-10, The IAOC wrote:
As part of the IAOC presentation in Beijing, I said that the IAOC will be
making a decision on Day Passes in the middle of December.  I would like
your feedback on the Day Pass experiment.

[snip]

Possible reasons to discontinue offering Day Passes:

- Caused unexpected effect on Nomcom qualification.

The IESG published a statement on May 24 [1] on "NomCom Eligibility and Day Passes". According to that statement:

  "An update to RFC 3777 will be needed to address this situation if
   at the end of the experiment the IAOC decides to make day passes
   a regular meeting registration alternative."

Could the IAOC and the IESG discuss about the the unexpected effect [2] before it takes a decision about Day Passes?

Regards,
-sm

1. http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/nomcom-eligibility-and-day-passes.html
2. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg61647.html