Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-ssl2-must-not-03.txt> (Prohibiting SSL Version 2.0) to Proposed Standard

2010-12-02 12:25:20
Hi Glen,

In reading the text and I'm not exactly sure where the confusion or
contradiction comes in.  I think your suggested text is fine, but I'm not sure
how it improves things.  If I understand your point correctly accepting an SSL
2.0 hello as the first message in the TLS handshake is an example of using at
least part of SSL 2.0, so we should indicate that this is an exception to the
MUST NOT use SSL 2.0 directive.  Is this your concern?

Thanks,

Joe