RE: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-sipcore-keep-10

2011-01-01 04:19:58
Hi Roni,

Major issues:

Minor issues:

1.  In the document you mention that the keep alive can be negotiated in each
direction. I understand the dialog case, is this true
for the case of registration, if yes how is it done from the registrar. If not
true maybe add some text in 4.2.2.

Good point. It is NOT true for the case of registration, when sending of
keep-alives can only be negotiated from the registering party to the registrar.

I suggest adding the following text to the end of section 4.2.2:

"NOTE: Sending of keep-alives associated with a registration can only be
negotiated in the direction from the registering SIP entity towards the
registrar."

-----

Nits/editorial comments:

1.  In section 4.1 in the first note “If a SIP entity has indicated
willingness to receive keep-alives from an adjacent SIP entity,
sending of keep-alives towards the same SIP entity needs to be separately
negotiated”.

Who is the same SIP entity mentioned in the end of the sentence. I assume you
meant “towards the adjacent SIP entity”.

(I assume you mean "Why" instead of "Who")

You are correct. I propose to change to:

"towards that adjacent SIP entity", to make sure that the text is referring to
the entity that indicated willingness to send keep-alives, and not some other
adjacent SIP entity.

----

2.  In the first paragraph of 4.3 and 4.4 you use “must” should it be “MUST”

As far as I know it shall be "must" when referring to something defined in
another specifiction.

----

3.  In 4.3 in the third paragraph “it MUST start to send keep-alives” change
to “it MUST start sending keep-alives”

I'll change as suggested.

----

4.  In figure 2 in the 200 OK response to Alice the VIA is missing.

Correct.

I'll change "Alice: UAC;keep=30" to "Via: Alice;keep=30".

----

5.  In section 7.4 third paragraph “ When Alice receives the response, she
determines from her Via header
field that P1 is willing to receive keep-alives associated with the dialog.”
Should be Bob and not P1.

Correct.

I'll change as suggested.

----