Re: Last Call: <draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-06.txt> (The'about' URI scheme) to Proposed Standard

2011-01-21 06:18:49
----- Original Message -----
From: "SM" <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-06.txt> (The'about' URI
scheme) to Proposed Standard

At 07:56 14-01-11, The IESG wrote:

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'The 'about' URI scheme'
  <draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

There is a IANA registration in Section 8.  The arguments at
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg65163.html are
also applicable to draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-06.

Further to that, I did ask IANA if, when carrying out the procedures of
registration in accordance with RFC4395, they performed any checks
on the contact details of the Change Controller for the URI.  So far,
I have heard no more so I am assuming that whatever the IETF and
IESG approves in the I-D is taken as gospel by IANA.

Tom Petch

In Section 5.2:

   "Applications MAY resolve any unreserved "about" URI to any resource,
    either internal or external, or redirect to an alternative URI."

What happens when the unreserved "about" URI becomes a reserved
"about" URI in future?

Regards,
-sm