Re: prerequisite for change (was Re:

2011-02-01 21:28:14
What is wrong with using Informational and Experimental for cases where a
lowered bar is required?

If someone is proposing an entirely new protocol, a low bar is appropriate.
But that is only a very small fraction of the work done in IETF today. Most
of the WG effort goes to incremental refinements to existing specs.

If someone is going to propose an extension to HTTP or PKIX or TLS they had
better have a very good document if it is going to go through.