Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-09.txt> (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the Management of the Service Name and Transport Protocol Port Number Registry) to BCP

2011-02-08 10:36:24
Hi folks,

Sam Hartman wrote (and others suggest):

 I think that being able to discuss concerns with reviewers and being
 able to consider potential conflicts and other issues mean that an open
 dialogue with identified reviewers is an important part of our
 process. Anonymous contributions may have their place in the WG process,
 but I don't think they should have a place in expert review oor blocking
 objections to documents.  So, as an individual I strongly support making
 expert reviewers identities public.

I don't see that "public identity" (of expert reviewers) is
required for "interactive discussion".  Or would anonymous
interaction fail a Turing test of some kind?

Chris Benson.