Re: Buckets of spam coming through IETF lists

2011-04-01 17:36:04

--On Friday, April 01, 2011 16:28 -0400 "John R. Levine"
<johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote:

Some clever spambot seems to have scraped a bunch of addresses
out of the archives and is sending spam with multiple
addresses on the From: line through IETF and IRTF mailing
lists.  Surely I'm not the only one who's seeing it.

Wouldn't that be ironic.  :-(

Given the amount of legitimate mail with multiple From:
addresses (none, in practice) a quick shim in front of Mailman
should deal with it until someone can go fix the underlying
code.

Yeah, although I find it really sad when the IETF concludes that
it needs to be non-conformant to its own standards.

    john