Re: problems with mail.ietf.org

2011-04-22 11:14:40
 In your previous mail you wrote:

   So I'm having trouble guessing why your systems are still seeing
   64.170.93.22, much less sending mail to it.

=> a long time ago mail.ietf.org anti-spam dropped SMTP over IPv6
from a MTA address without a PTR. I put a workaround using the IPv4
address (the old one), it was fixed but I didn't remove the
workaround.

   I agree that having a system floating around that runs an SMTP
   server but that eats messages ("blindly" or not) is undesirable
   as an operational policy.

=> exactly and BTW 32.98.170.64.in-addr.arpa has still a PTR to
mail.ietf.org.

Regards

Francis(_dot_)Dupont(_at_)fdupont(_dot_)fr