Gen-ART LC review of RFC5591 to DS

2011-05-02 09:17:18
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART,
please see the FAQ at <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may
receive.

Document: RFC5591 and report-rfc5343-5590-5591-5953.txt
Reviewer: Ben Campbell
Review Date: 2011-04-29
IETF LC End Date: 2011-05-03

are some features of the RFC for which it is not clear to me if they have been
sufficiently tested.

Major issues:

None

Minor issues:

Section 6 of the interoperability report describes a failure to interop due to
one implementation incorrectly not setting the security parameters of a
response to match those of the request. The report recognized that
implementations should do this--but I must point out this is a MUST level
requirement in RFC5591. The report recognized that this was an implementation
bug. But the report does not explicitly indicate whether a successful test when
(and if) the bug was fixed. (I can only assume it was fixed and retested, since
this would seem to block the other test results.)

Both section 6 and 7 of the interoperability report list the
snmpTsmConfigurationUsePrefix configuration feature as untestable or untested.
It's not clear to me why this was considered untestable, and I am agnostic on
whether it's okay to progress without testing this feature. I mention it only
to to make sure people better suited to judge the subtleties have noticed and
thought about it.

Nits/editorial comments:

None