Re: TSVDIR Review for draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-lr-ps

2011-05-02 09:20:12
Dear Yoshifumi,

thanks a lot for your review. Please find 2 comments inline.

Yoshifumi Nishida wrote:
Hello,
I've reviewed this document as part of the transport area
directorate's ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These
comments were written primarily for the transport area directors, but
are copied to the document's authors for their information and to
allow them to address any issues raised. The authors should consider
this review together with any other last-call comments they
receive. Please always CC tsv-dir(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org if you reply to or forward
this review.

This draft describes the problem space for localized routing in PMIPv6,
which supports direct communication between MAGs for MN and CN.
This draft is basically ready for publication and I couldn't
find any transport related issues in the draft.

Minor comments:

Would it be better to mention error detection and fallback function in
Functional Requirements? It would be useful and helpful to fall back
to normal routing when something happens.
I agree that the solution must provide means to handle such error cases
and to step back to non-optimized routing in case there is need.
I see these as non-functional requirements, whereas section 4 is about functional
requirements only. We could add a functional requirement to 'terminate'
localized routing. Example for reasons doing this could be the error
case you mention. Does this sound ok?

I believe localize routing is very useful in most cases. However, I think
there will be the cases where we had better avoid localized routing,
such as a case where there are some restrictions (policy, network quality
or configuration, etc) in communications between MAGs.
It might be better to address having some kind of control to enable
localized routing in Functional Requirements in addition to checking
source and destination addresses.
Section 4, which covers the functional requirements, has a new item listed
about enforcement of operator policies to control localized routing. I think
that covers your comment.

Thanks and best regards,
marco

Thanks,
--
Yoshifumi Nishida
nishida(_at_)sfc(_dot_)wide(_dot_)ad(_dot_)jp