Re: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-sidr-res-certs

2011-05-03 10:06:19

Let me make sure I'm understanding what you're saying.  I can have
multiple ROAs for the same set of prefixes in the repository and valid
at the same time: one signed by a new certificate and one signed by a
previous certificate?  If so, I think I now begin to understand why the
SIDR working group believes this is a reasonable strategy.

I guess the only question I'd have remaining is whether ROAs or other
signed objects are intended to be used in other protocols besides simply
living in the SIDR repository?