RE: [Ecrit] Last Call: <draft-polk-local-emergency-rph-namespace-01.txt> (IANA Registering a SIP Resource Priority Header Field Namespace for Local Emergency Communications) to Proposed Standard

2011-07-13 12:32:40
If you insist on that scope

I was in the believe that the scope is restricted only to PSAP-to-first
Responder, and PSAP-to-PSAP communication.

Then you can throw it away.

I certainly don't see it being used by an emergency calling UA, but in a 3GPP
like solution to emergency calling, there is no reason why it cannot be used by
the first network operator provided entity that identifies an emergency call. I
agree it is not applicable to the IETF solution, but then you have no network
operator to provide you with priority in the first place.

If a network operator want to provide priority in their equipment after point
of entry to the network, to an emergency call, then RPH is the sensible way of
doing it, and not forcing them to recognize multiple different parameters to
identify that priority is needed.

You seem to be back in cloud cuckoo land where you believe all emergency calls
are handled by the IETF ECRIT solution.

Keith