Re: Second Last Call: <draft-hammer-hostmeta-16.txt> (Web Host Metadata) to Proposed Standard -- feedback

2011-07-13 16:30:48
On 7/13/11 5:35 AM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
Personally, I think Informational is most appropriate (and probably
easier), but a paragraph or two of context, as well as corresponding
adjustments, would work as well.

Personally I'm not wedded to Standards Track for this document, and
neither are the authors. I just want to make sure that there's a good
reason to change it from Standards Track to Informational. IMHO "this
document doesn't solve the problem in the most generic way" would
prevent us from publishing a rather large number of specifications on
the Standards Track. There's nothing evil about scoping a document so
that it solves a more particular problem.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/