RE: Re: FW: [PWE3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-gal-in-pw-01.txt> (Using the Generic Associated Channel Label for Pseudowire in MPLS-TP) to Proposed Standard

2011-09-05 06:48:14
Stewart

I will answer your specific questions below.

I have no specific objection to the new text that you proposed on the PWE3 list
:

   In MPLS-TP, the GAL MUST be used with packets on a G-ACh on

   LSPs, Concatenated Segments of LSPs, and with Sections, and

   MAY be used with PWs. The presence of a GAL indicates that

   an ACH immediately follows the MPLS label stack.
as it has become so generic (does not explain where the GAL is placed) as to be
noncontroversial.
However, please be aware that this simply postpones the true discussion.

I would still like the wording

   According to the MPLS-TP requirement document [RFC5654], it is

   necessary that MPLS-TP mechanisms and capabilities be able to

   interoperate with the existing IETF MPLS [RFC3031] and IETF PWE3

   [RFC3985] architectures appropriate.
to be removed, as I believe that it does not correctly describe the purpose of
this draft.
It should be replaced with the text that appears further on

   The inconsistency between the usage of the GAL with MPLS PWs and

   MPLS-TP PWs may cause unnecessary implementation differences and is

   in disagreement with the MPLS-TP requirements.

Please see a few more remarks interleaved below.

Y(J)S