Re: [BEHAVE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-06.txt> (Dual Stack Hosts Using "Bump-in-the-Host" (BIH)) to Proposed Standard

2011-09-30 00:17:19
inline please,

+1 ... since the alternative is that apps that require ipv4 sockets and
pass ipv4 literals are stranded on ipv6 only networks.

Running code on the n900 shows that nat464 provides real user and
network benefit

 Can you run an FTP server on the BIH host, and have it do active mode
transfers and passive mode transfers?  I admit that isn't terribly
important (nobody much loves FTP any more), but if the BIH host
doesn't know its public mapping and can't create one, we lose that
class of applications that listen on a port.  Losing that class
of applications may, or may not, be important.  Many of those
applications do STUN or STUN-/ICE-like things for their own NAT
traversal (e.g., Skype).  But some don't and work properly
without a hole punched (e.g., BitTorrent).

PCP can make all of this work, if it's integrated into BIH and
the NAT64.

-d

You are jumping into another discussion how to reach from outside,
There has other way to do it ,not just BIH+NAT64.

Hui