Re: Expiring a publication - especially standards track documents which are abandoned

2011-10-05 17:12:40

On Oct 5, 2011, at 3:58 AM, Gellens, Randall wrote:

I don't understand this aspect.  If an RFC is deployed, even widely
deployed, but no new extensions are being done, and no developers are
clamoring for changes, you want to move it to Historic?

Yes. He misses the point of what we do. We do what we do not to achieve some
particular status, but to meet a technical and market need. If the objective is
to achieve standard status, we can spend our energies getting it there. If the
issue is meeting technological needs, the statuses are mile markers, not
destinations.