Re: [IAOC] I-D Action: draft-barnes-healthy-food-04.txt

2011-11-01 11:14:52
I'm sold.

On Nov 1, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Bob Hinden wrote:

An IETF food list sounds right to me.

Bob

On Nov 1, 2011, at 7:40 AM, Mary Barnes wrote:

I think the document in general should be discussed on a separate mailing
list as it's not meeting specific. And, previous attempts at discussing this
topic on more general mailing lists have not been particularly positive.

I would agree that sharing information on general information related to
finding food at the meetings on the attendees mailing list might be a good
idea.  However, some of the details may be of no interest to the majority.
For example, there is small (but growing) subset of the IETF population that
needs to eat Gluten-Free. This tends to get into very detailed discussions
(per my document) and these might seem totally trivial and unnecessary for
folks that don't deal with this and while it might seem obvious to some
folks what we can and cannot eat, it's not nearly as simple as it might
appear.  For example, asian food is always risky due to the use of soy sauce
(which contains wheat). And, cross-contamination is a big issue, so the
waitstaff is equally as important in ensuring we get safe food as having a
cook that understands the concept.   So, personally I would prefer to have
those sorts of discussions on the ietf-food list as I'm sure most attendees
have no interest
 whatsoever in a topic like this.

Mary.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Eric Burger