Re: Requirement to go to meetings

2011-11-09 12:32:07
Hi Marshall,

On 2011-11-09 15:47 Marshall Eubanks said the following:
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Henrik Levkowetz

On 2011-10-24 18:58 Peter Saint-Andre said:
I've used it for various meetings (e.g., W3C/IETF coordination calls)
and it's super. I've suggested to the tools team that they look into
installing an instance.

Etherpad has now been installed on one of the tools servers, and a link
to a notes document has been set up for all WGs with an agenda for the
current meeting on the 'minutes' page for each WG.  The document is also
visible in an embedded frame as long as no official minutes has been
submitted.

Have a look at the minutes page for CLUE, for instance:

 http://tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/minutes

I have made sure that the CLUE WG is aware of this.

Why not keep this as "supplemental materials" even once the official
minutes are posted ?

I have no intention of throwing any notes away :-) but just thought I'd
archive them for each meeting for now, once official meetings have been
submitted.  It should be rather easy to make those archived documents
available from the regular minutes page if desired, though.

Why not include the jabber logs the same way ?

The jabber logs are organized with one log per day, so figuring out the
right link based on the meeting number isn't perfectly trivial.  Also,
I'm not sure those logs are used sufficiently often that such a link
merits a place in the regular link menu on the status pages.

On the tools agenda (http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/) I provide a link to
the jabber log directory with the jabber log icon (lightbulb + log paper
image), and if people find it worthwhile, I could certainly work at
linking to the logs that matter in some intelligent way from the minutes
pages.

As an example of the jabber logs, the clue logs are at:
  http://www.ietf.org/jabber/logs/clue/

Best regards,

        Henrik