Re: IETF to Meet in Toronto!

2011-11-29 11:25:26
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:01:30PM -0500, Paul Wouters wrote:

There are enough Canadians outside of Toronto?

Don't blame me!  I'm a Toronto separatist.  I think the city should
separate from Ontario (and hence, Canada), using the old City of
Toronto boundaries, and permit the former Metro municipalities in as
colonies.  Residents of Mississauga would need a special permit.  And
Rob Ford would be deported.  (He woulda left anyway if Toronto had
been on the ball and enacted these policies before David Miller left
office.)

The Canadian Dollar problem would be solved neatly: since all the
money in the coutry flows through Toronto anyway, Toronto could
continue to use the Canadian Dollar and maintain control over the
currency.  What Canada would do, having lost control of its currency
policies, is a little hazy, but probably the 10 people left in Ottawa
could think of something.  Besides, there are all those clever wannabe
economists from Calgary.  Surely they know what to do when there's a
common currency and no common political union.  I mean, look how well
it's worked in Europe!

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com