Recent note to ITU-T Director regarding MPLS-TP and G.8113.1

2011-11-30 09:51:50
I want to make sure the IETF community is aware of this email exchange between
myself and Malcolm Johnson, Director of the ITU Telecommunication
Standardization Bureau.

Russ

Begin forwarded message:

From: Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>
Date: November 29, 2011 5:45:21 PM EST
To: "Johnson, Malcolm" <Malcolm(_dot_)Johnson(_at_)itu(_dot_)int>
Subject: Re: MPLS

Dear Malcolm:

Thanks for the note.  There are three points that need to made:

(1) The change in the title of G.8113.1 is a step in the right direction.
Thanks.

(2) I do not see acknowledgement of the necessary changes to the content of
G.8113.1 that address my earlier comments.  The Japanese document indicates
that the content to be revised to reflect that G.8113.1 is not included as
part of MPLS or MPLS-TP.  I anticipate technical changes, not just the
inclusion of a statement that G.8113.1 is not part of MPLS or MPLS-TP.

(3) As you are well aware, the timeline is quite tight, and delay from any
source will prevent the IETF process from completing by the deadline of 10
January 2012.  No one can predict IETF consensus, but as I have said before,
clarity is vital to avoid delay.

Regards,
Russ