Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-marf-redaction-03.txt> (Redaction of Potentially Sensitive Data from Mail Abuse Reports) to Informational RFC

2011-12-01 16:34:56
This draft proposes a way to semi-redact personal information in spam
reports by replacing the address or other string by a hash.  It's a
reasonable idea, but as far as I know, it has not been implemented.

Speaking as one of the authors of RFC 5965, which this draft would
update if it were on the standards track, I'd have no objection to
folding this into an updated version of 5965 if there were some
evidence that people actually did what it proposes.  Hence I would
suggest it be published as experimental rather than informational.

R's,
John