Re: [apps-discuss] Spam reporting over IMAP

2012-01-14 07:33:18
Hi Zoltan,

On 13/Jan/12 20:11, Zoltan Ordogh wrote:

I would like to start with a story.

A rather similar story is summarized here:
http://wiki.asrg.sp.am/wiki/Adding_a_junk_button_to_MUAs

A bit later, a liaison statement was sent from OMA to IETF, seeking
collaboration and a “home” for the draft; as required by RFC3975.

I assume you're still talking about SREP.  I read a reply by John
Klensin, whom I consider a sort of IETF guru, and it didn't prospect a
bright future for the draft.  I posted a "kleansed" version trying to
address some of those concerns, in an attempt to improve the chances
that APPSAWG will adopt it.  Somewhat arbitrarily, I changed the IPR
qualification of the document too.  In fact, I had the impression that
the IPR was that way because OMA SpamRep was being mentioned, albeit
not being specified, and also because that was one of the points raised.

I hope my editing was correct, but your approval as author is needed.

PS. I am solely a technical contributor,

So am I (but I signed no contract.)

so asking me IPR-related questions will always be a dead end.

As a survival requirement, you have to be able to answer SM's
question, though.

Please direct those questions directly to the appropriate contact
person, which, in, this case is Sarah Guichard.

I sent my previous comment on this to Jon M. Jurgovan, cc Sarah
Guichard, but had no reply either.

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute
non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.

The above boilerplate formally makes of no effect whatever else you
wrote in that message, according to Andrew's explanation:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg67516.html

I usually group these issues to the same bin I use for IPRs, as I
guess many others on this list do.  Unfortunately, at times they
become relevant, which is why we have to deal with them.  See
"survival" above :-)

Specifically, if you need a written authorization of your employer in
order to contribute technical specifications to the IETF under IETF's
terms, please ask them to provide it.  I guess we need that paperwork.

Ciao
Ale