Re: [sieve] Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-08.txt> (Sieve Notification Mechanism: SIP MESSAGE) to Proposed Standard

2012-01-25 16:04:17
+1

On 1/25/12 2:50 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:
Please also see US patent 20090204681 visible at
 http://ip.com/patapp/US20090204681

In my opinion, this second last call should be suspended until this
significant breach of the IETF's IPR policy set out in BCP79 has been
resolved.

While it is important to find out what the IETF community's view of this
situation is, there are two questions:

1. What does the WG think about the I-D being IPR encumbered and do they
want to develop an alternate solution that is not encumbered?

2. How will the IETF handle the breach of IPR policy?

I believe the document should be returned to the working group who are
the main victims of the disruptive behaviour by the author.

Thanks,

Adrian