On 2012-02-21 19:37, Stephen Farrell wrote:
I believe this should be orthogonal to HTTP/2.0. Is there a specific
thing that makes it impossible to use the existing authentication
framework?

Who knows? We don't have a protocol on the table yet. I
would imagine that some level of backwards compatibility
would be a requirement of course, or at least an issue to
be considered.

But the existing HTTP client authentication is also not
necessarily very useful, and there have been a number of
efforts to improve on that, none of which seem to have
gotten sufficient traction to get widely deployed/used.
Maybe HTTP/2.0 is a good time to try fix that.

Well, we have an existing authentication framework. It would be interesting to find out what's missing from it.

Best regards, Julian