Fwd: Re: [tz] Astrolabe dismisses suit.

2012-02-23 10:16:07
Russ, Michelle, Elise, Kim, Bernard, Rob,

I'm passing along a note from JHawk that contains a press release from
EFF regarding the dismissal of the lawsuit against TZ Database
maintainers Arthur David Olson and Paul Eggert.  This lawsuit was wrong
from the beginning and disruptive to the volunteers and the industry.
I'm very glad that Astrolabe has withdrawn it, and I'm thankful to the
EFF for their full-throated defense of Arthur David Olson, to you and
the IESG and ICANN staff, and to Rob Elz for having taken an active hand
(in Rob's case a VERY active hand) in seeing that this good work continues.

Eliot

--- Begin Message ---
The EFF issued the below press release this afternoon
with statements from Astrolabe.

--jhawk(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu
  John Hawkinson