Re: shared address space... a reality!

2012-03-14 05:51:55
Hello,

This is really good news, however, I did not know it before.

Extending the reusable address space is a good idea, I think, however, the
scope of the address space should be well-defined.

I wrote a draft in 2007 and a Japonais group wrote a draft in 2008. The
similarity of the drafts included the extension of the reusable address
space by IANA, and both drafts explained how and why this space should be
used in the IPv4->IPv6 transition.

My draft had been lost as I changed job and email address (and nobody
explained me that this is a problem).

The Japanaise draft was discussed in the Internet area meeting in Dublin,
but then it was no room for continuing the discussion.

Probably we should continue it.

Géza
(one of the contributors of RFC1918)