RE: Last Call: <draft-betts-itu-oam-ach-code-point-03.txt> (Allocationof an Associated Channel Code Point for Use by ITU-T Ethernet basedOAM) to Informational RFC

2012-03-21 02:42:38
Hello,
I still expect the author of draft-betts to answer my question...
        "Maybe you could clarify how the text in your draft can be improved to
protect the use of the code point from future extensions beyond the purpose of
the code point allocation?"
I am a bit disappointed to see that the author simply does not respond to the
questions and proposed modifications he got on the list.
If we want to productively move forward, it would be good to have the author
responding to the questions and proposals.
Best regards,
Nurit

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of ext Huub van Helvoort
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:19 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-betts-itu-oam-ach-code-point-03.txt>
(Allocationof an Associated Channel Code Point for Use by ITU-T Ethernet
basedOAM) to Informational RFC

Hello,

I continue my support for the codepoint allocation

I agree with Russ's statement in
https://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=933&k2=62185&tid=1331648664
"Some people are using the lack of a code point as the reason that
  the cannot support the ITU-T document. My approach tells the ITU-T
  that a code point is available to them IFF they are able to reach
  consensus. The removes IETF from the discussion. This creates a
  situation where G.8113.1 succeeded or fails based on the ITU-T
  members actions, with no finger pointing at the IETF. This is
  completely a Layer 9 consideration, and it has noting to do with
  the technical content of the document. "

The codepoint allocation should allow the ITU-T to make refinements
to G.8113.1 such that it can satisfy the functional requirements defined
in RFC 5860.

Regards, Huub.